Grace Baptist Church
March 22, 2020
Omniscient God, we know that Your thoughts are not our thoughts, nor are Your ways our ways, for the heavens are higher than the earth, so are Your ways higher than our ways, and Your thoughts than our thoughts. But we ask that You reveal to us Your thoughts throughout this meeting, let our ways be aligned with Your ways throughout this meeting, in Jesus’ Name.
English Standard Version
New King James Version
Now behold, one came and said to Him, “Good Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?” So He said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.” He said to Him, “Which ones?” Jesus said, “‘You shall not murder,’ ‘You shall not commit adultery,’ ‘You shall not steal,’ ‘You shall not bear false witness,’ ‘Honor your father and your mother,’ and, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ ” The young man said to Him, “All these things I have kept from my youth. What do I still lack?” Jesus said to him, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me.” But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions.
Text any amount
to 84321 to give.
(Standard message and data rates may apply.)
please make payable and mail to:
Grace Baptist Church
80-66 88th Ave
Woodhaven, NY 11421
Stay in Touch
...not neglecting to meet together
If you are not getting GBC Remind/Group texts please contact one of the elders
Blessing and glory and wisdom,
Thanksgiving and honor and power and might,
Be to our God forever and ever.
Questions for Discussion & Meditation
1) How are people trying to work for their salvation in the church?
2) What good works were you trying to do to be saved – before you were saved?
3) How were you deceived by a works righteousness – before you were saved?
4) Give examples of sins that start in the heart – and then are acted out?
5) What would you say to someone who asks you how they could have eternal life?
6) What earthly treasure is keeping you from heavenly treasure?
7) Have you counted the cost to follow Jesus?
8) What keeps you from following Jesus?